Dr. Stelios STAVRIDIS
Tel. (work): +34-976761485
Since December 2007, Dr. Stelios STAVRIDIS has been an ARAID Senior Research Fellow in the Research Unit on European and International Studies/ZEIS (previously, Research Unit on “Global Governance and the European Union”) of the University of Zaragoza in Spain.
Currently, he is also an Associate Senior Fellow at the Institute of International Economic Relations IDOS/IIER (Athens); an Associate Senior Research Fellow at the Centre for Policy Analysis, Department of Political Science & International Relations, the University of the Peloponnese; a member of the EUGOV research group of the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB); and, a member of the European Network for R2P (ENR2P) of the University of Leeds-based European Centre for the Responsibility to Protect (ECR2P). He is also Co-coordinator of the Grupo Permanente AECPA sobre Diplomacia(s) Plural(es): Diplomacia(s) Plural(es) (aecpa.es).
Stelios Stavridis holds a PhD in International Relations (London School of Economics and Political Science/LSE, University of London, 1991), and to date has held several posts in various European universities and research centres, including:
- King´s College London (1991-1993).
- The University of Reading (1993-2002), where he also held a Jean Monnet Chair in "The International Dimension of European Integration" (1995-2002) and was Director of its Centre for Euro-Mediterranean Studies (1995-2000).
- The Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies of the European University Institute/EUI in Florence, as a Jean Monnet Fellow (2000-2001).
- ELIAMEP Athens, as a Marie Curie Experienced Fellow (2001-2002).
Dr. Stavridis has held several, short term, visiting posts, including:
- (non-resident) Institut d´Études Européennes/IEE of the Université Libre de Bruxelles/ULB (1997-2001).
- Instituto Universitario de Estudios Europeos/IUEE of the Universidad Autònoma de Barcelona /UAB (Jan.-Feb. 2003).
- Universitat de València, as “Cátedra Mediterránea” (Oct.-Dec. 2003 & May-July 2006).
- University of Nicosia (then Intercollege) (Feb.-May 2006).
- LUISS Guido Carli Università in Rome (May/June 2011 & April/May 2017).
- Sciences-Po Bordeaux (Nov. 2012).
- Institut d´études européennes/IEE, Université Paris-8 (Feb. 2016).
- Sciences-Po Rennes (Nov. 2016 & Nov. 2017).
- Sciences-Po Grenoble (Oct. 2017).
- Sciences-Po Lyon (March 2019).
- (non-resident) Depart. of Political Science & International Relations, University of the Peloponnese (Jan.-June 2019).